Well, maybe not organize your entire life but your desk, a couple of drawers and a start on your craft room organization would help, right?
- Recycle your egg carton into a sorter for your beads when making necklaces, or to sort and store your embroidery threads, bobbins and little bits and pieces of crafting goodness.
- Egg cartons are also the perfect size to use in a desk drawer to sort your paper clips, stamps, erasers, push pins and rubber bands.
- Similar to the above idea (but sturdier and better for messy things like sequins and glitter) re-purpose an old worn out muffin pan to store your bits and baubles of craft wares.
- Use a paper towel holder as storage for your many rolls of ribbon. If you use a counter model the ribbon won’t unroll. If you prefer the hanging model – use rubber bands or quilting pins to secure the ribbon from becoming untidy.
- Wait! Don’t let him toss his old boots! Put holes in the bottom (if they aren’t already there!) and use as a planter. Tossing an old hat? Those work well as planters too!
- What to do with your old multi-pack DVD/CD holders? Cord storage!
- Have an old typesetting tray lying around? Hang it on the wall and screw in tiny gold hooks to hang necklaces, earrings and rings.
- Don’t get rid of the old window shutters so fast! Sand, paint and use to display Christmas cards or to sort your mail.
- About those plastic bag tags on the bread bags. They are the perfect size to tag and organize computer, stereo, TV cords and headphones.
It’s all about using your imagination and your desire to help preserve the planet we live on.
re*pur*pose – adapt for use in a different purpose.
re*use – use again or more than once.
re*cy*cle – return (material) to a previous stage in a cyclic process. Use again.
It’s Real Easy! 😉