Long before Pantone selected “Greenery” as their 2017 color of the year and even before the idea of “going green” became a rallying cry for the environmentally conscious, there was vintage. How does vintage tie in, you ask? Very simply. If you believe in reusing, recycling and investing in quality for your home, vintage is the perfect way to go green.
Add “green” to your home with unique vintage accessories like these found for you by the Vintage Unscripted team:
Top left to bottom right:
- Art Deco style pool ball – Declare an “electronics free” evening. Invest in a few old fashioned games and have fun with your friends and family.
- Go Green – Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
- Victorian celluloid mourning button – Our ancestors left the earth to us to preserve for our descendants. We all have a part to play.
- Expressionist style daisy painting – Bring the “back to the earth” love of the ’70’s into the 21st century. Plant a garden. No room? Hang one on your wall.
- Antiqued brass moon glow earrings – No need to invest in a new dress for the office party. Add vintage jewelry to change up your look.
- Industrial metal wall organizer – What a great way to convince your kids that picking up their toys is part of the game.
- Vintage Lesney metal toy cars – They don’t guzzle gas or pollute the air, plus they look great for their age. A true blast from the past.
- Green is the new black – Everyone who is anyone is going green.
- Esterbrook SJ fountain pen – Write someone you love a letter…..that never goes out of style.
“There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.” — Marshall McLuhan