Corned Beef Brisket With Cabbage and Potatoes
A delicious one pot meal!
Write a review
- 1 large corned beef brisket (approx. 3 lbs)
- Cold water
- 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 head cabbage
- Put beef in a large dutch oven and cover with cold water.
- Place lid on pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- (*) Reduce heat to medium and cook 2 1/2 hours, or until beef is almost tender.
- Scrub potatoes and remove any eyes. Cut cabbage into sixths.
- Put cabbage and potatoes in dutch oven with beef.
- Bring to boiling and cook, covered, 1 hour longer, or until meat is tender.
- (*)Most of the briskets available now come with a seasoning packet – use as much or as little as you like but be sure to add it at the beginning of the recipe.
- This recipe can be adapted to cooking in a pressure cooker by adjusting the cooking time for the meat and adding the veggies after the meat is done.
- Optional add in.... carrots, celery, peppers.
Vintage Unscripted https://vintageunscripted.com/