Deluxe Meatloaf - A Diner Favorite
A rib-sticking blue plate special everyone will love on a crisp fall evening
Write a review
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp steak sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ***Bread crumbs to bind if needed (store bought)
- **Ketchup for top if desired
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Finely chop pepper (be sure to remove veins and seeds) and onion then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground chuck, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and steak sauce.
- Add in a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add chopped pepper and onions and mix to combine.
- If mixture seems loose add bread crumbs to bind. Add crumbs a tablespoon at a time until the mixture can be handled to form into a loaf.
- Remove from bowl and shape into an oblong football shaped log.
- Place in a large loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until done. If you are adding ketchup to the top complete the step below.
- Approximately 3/4 through cooking time remove from oven and spread ketchup on top. Return to oven to finish cooking.
- Any type of pepper can be used in place of a bell pepper. We often use cubanelle peppers for a kicked up flavor.
Many different spices can be added to suit your taste - or just to try something new. Just a few we have tried are
- Ancho Chili powder
- Cayenne powder
Vintage Unscripted https://vintageunscripted.com/