Once relegated to warehouses and factories, the industrial look has found new life in the world of 21st century decorating. Vintage accessories of all shapes and sizes play an important part in this simple, but edgy style.
Curious about the easiest way to introduce an industrial look into your decor? The Vintage Unscripted team suggests starting with a few accessories to see where they take you. Nothing says “industrial” like metal and vintage metal tools are a head-turning way to add a unique element to your home.
1. Vintage Fish Gaff – Chippy vintage patina makes this blue metal gig a great accent piece for your favorite guy’s man cave.
2. Rustic Rotary Hoe Blade – Graphic. Dramatic. A rustic metal hoe blade will make a statement when hung on a wall or used to jazz up your garden.
3. Copper Soldering Irons – Three different soldering items, perfect for mounting on the wall as an industrial work of art. They would look great mounted on a metal base
4. R. Heinisch Sewing Scissors – A pair of vintage scissors, a few spools of thread in just the right colors and an old sewing pattern in a shadowbox will create a unique vignette for a modern day sewing room.
5. Metal Dairy Crate – Let your imagination run wild when it comes to a use for this cool metal crate. Need a shelf, a table, a storage unit? An industrial dairy crate is up to the job.
6. Cast Iron Hooks – Use indoors as clothes hangers or drapery swag holders. Use outdoors to hold a hanging pot of geraniums. No end to the uses for these versatile antique cast iron hooks.
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Edgar Degas