Cottage style homes are known for their warmth and comfort, important characteristics in the hustle and bustle of our modern world. Today’s cottage style decorating revolves around a mixture of soft colors, an eclectic assortment of accessories (preferably vintage) and flowers, both inside and out. A cottage is not a cottage without flowers.
Live in the city? Not a problem. You can add cottage charm to your decor with unique floral accessories like these found for you by the Vintage Unscripted team:
A few ways to shop and smell the roses:
- Vintage Cabbage Rose Pillow Covers – Seven handmade vintage pillow covers in a classic cabbage rose design, ready to go. Just insert your own cushions and voila! Instant cottage decor.
- Composition Sleepy Eye Baby Doll – A well loved doll will add a touch of whimsy to your decor, as well as serve as a great conversation starter. This sweet 1920’s baby doll is full of memories that she would be happy to share, if you just ask.
- Victorian Brass Brooch – A lovely example of a Victorian era brooch detailed with scalloped hearts and embossed floral designs. Whether you chose to wear it or mount it in a shadowbox for display, this is a fabulous piece of history .
- Wm. Rogers Butter Knife – What make butter better? When it is accompanied by a beautiful Wm. Rogers silver-plated butter knife. It dates to the early 1900’s which means the patina is wonderful. Our advice: enjoy the knife without cleaning away the proof of age and spread your butter as you normally do.
- Antique Painted Glass Pitcher – This pitcher, hand painted with stylized lilies of the valley, would be a fun way to serve cold drinks on a hot summer day. It would also look great holding a bright bouquet during the dark days of winter.
- Floral McCoy Bookend – What a charming addition to a bookshelf or table top this McCoy bookend would be. The red and gray tones of this fun ceramic bookend are guaranteed to brighten up any room.
- Decorative Floral Plates – Three vintage china plates featuring tulips, roses and old fashioned garden flowers will provide an instant bouquet in your home. They are perfect to use as serving pieces or to frame for your wall. No need to water these flowers; just enjoy.
“The earth laughs in flowers” — Ralph Waldo Emerson