Simple Summer Chicken Salad
My own fresh and simple chicken salad for an easy dinner on a hot summer day. Add a great crusty bread and crispy mixed leafy greens, pack your basket and enjoy the great outdoors.
Write a review
- 1 shredded chicken breast (grilled or baked); or 1 - 10 oz can chicken breast
- 1 large hard boiled egg
- ½ cup diced celery
- 4 tbsp mayo
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- Dash pepper
- Dash salt
- Dice and/or chop celery to suit your personal preference and set aside. You will see by the photo that I like mine on the larger side. Love that crunch!
- In a mixing bowl – mash hard boiled egg as if you were making egg salad.
- Combine shredded or canned chicken breast with the mayo, lemon juice, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in the same bowl as the egg. Add celery and mix.
- Increase amount of mayo and lemon juice as necessary so that the chicken does not look dry.
- This recipe can easily be increased to serve a group or adjusted to suit your taste. The quantities used in the recipe are only suggested quantities, as I always make this according to look and taste and that can vary, depending on the size of the chicken breast.
Vintage Unscripted https://vintageunscripted.com/